Are you at the point where you are thinking about how to get your startup acquired by a larger company?
Getting acquired can be a great exit for startups. Many founders may find it easier and more appealing than going public. So, how do you do it?
You can’t just put your company on eBay or put a for sale sign on your website. Besides, startups are bought, not sold. If you want to attract offers, consider these moves.
1. Date a Lot
Personal connections and relationships are often where acquisition offers spring from.
Even after getting an offer, you aren’t going to want to commit and close until you’ve really got a feel for your new owners either.
So, get out, network, keep in touch by phone, email and social, and in-person when you can. Just keep them updated, so they come up with the idea that they should buy you.
These parties may include:
- Current investors
- Executives of the competition
- CEOs of larger companies in related industries
- Members of acquisition departments in bigger companies
2. Get Noticed
See How I Can Help You With Your Fundraising Efforts
- Fundraising Process : get guidance from A to Z.
- Materials : our team creates epic pitch decks and financial models
- Investor Access : connect with the right investors for your business and close them